Regionals: Batshuayi Undecided on Future
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Michy Batshuayi has yet to make any decisions on his Chelsea future as he continues to impress on loan at Borussia Dortmund.
- Arsenal and Tottenham are set to be offered the chance to sign Malcom this summer after the winger confirmed he will leave Bordeaux, but their interest is likely to have cooled.
- Robert Snodgrass is ready to give his all for West Ham once more, should David Moyes hand him a chance to prove himself next season.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City will face competition from Real Madrid in their pursuit of Toby Alderweireld, according to reports.
- Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola is within £99m of spending more on transfer fees in two years than Sir Alex Ferguson did during his 26-and-a-half years in charge of Manchester United.
- Virgil van Dijk has been hailed as being the big boss needed to bring the best out of Liverpool’s defence by former Reds favourite Daniel Agger.
- On loan Everton striker Sandro Ramirez wants a permanent move to Sevilla – just two weeks after joining the Spanish side on loan until the end of the campaign.
- Rafa Benitez has predicted that some of Newcastle United’s fellow relegation candidates will panic first in the race for Premier League survival.
- Steve Cotterill has challenged Jack Storer to forge a career away from Birmingham City with the club having decided not to offer the youngster a new contract.
- Tyrese Campbell has been promoted to train with Stoke City’s first team this week after being taken aside for advice and encouragement from Paul Lambert.
- Stoke midfielder Stephen Ireland is hoping to return to training imminently following a calf injury.
- Claude Puel has hailed Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy as a shining example to promising young players of how to conduct their career.
- Danny Fox believes it was always going to take time for Nottingham Forest to find their feet under another new manager – but feels Aitor Karanka is the man to bring some much-needed consistency to the City Ground.
- Meanwhile, Nottingham Forest’s overseas arrivals may need additional time to find their feet in the Championship, Karanka has warned.
- Mauricio Pellegrino insists Manolo Gabbiadini is a player Saints “need” but has urged the Italian to be better “prepared”.
- On-loan Bournemouth goalkeeper Ryan Allsop says he feels comfortable at Lincoln having made a superb start to life at Sincil Bank.
- Rangers midfielder Josh Windass has agreed a new long-term deal at Ibrox.